Books that I read

Friday, June 17, 2011

Early Father's Day Celebration at Han Lim Seafood Restaurant

This Sunday is Father's Day. However since my parents have to attend a wedding dinner on this Sunday, we decided to have the celebration last Sunday. My SIL brought us to this seafood restaurant in Cheras.

We reached there about 7.30pm. And I was surprised to see the restaurant already full house, with some people waiting for the table too. We waited half an hour for a table for 10 of us (6 adults and 4 children).


There are various type of fish, prawn, squids, crabs available. Choose what you want to eat from here. Put your selection into the basket available. Can you see how big is that garoupa fish?


After that get your selection to be weighted. And tell them how you would like it to be cooked.

We waited one hour for our food to arrive. These are what my parents and my SIL had ordered.


Steam crabs. My parents are not eating crabs, so they ordered 3 crabs only. 600g here and cost us RM27.

.

Curry fish head, with long beans and brinjals. The Garoupa fish head weighted 2.5kg and it cost RM113. It tasted very good and not very spicy. The kids had been asking for it non-stop.


Steam ikan bawal (dou dai chong). It was a little over cooked. Rm35 for 500g.


Squid stir fry with salt and pepper. The taste was not bad but a little tough for the kids. RM18 for 500g.


Steam tiger prawns. The prawns were Very fresh prawn and not over cooked. Too bad only 4 tiger prawn left if not we would get more. I like this dish most. RM81 for 900g. Expensive?


Steam garoupa (the belly part) with bean sauce. RM28 for 500g. The sauce is a little too salty for me.


Fish ball soup. My mom wanted the la la soup but no more la la. So she just ordered this for the kids. I think Hao drank the most of it. Hahaha. RM12 for the soup, which can serve about 10 small bowls.


Stir fry choy sum. I like it very much. All young leaves. RM10 for this one.

We were very hungry after waiting for long. Plus the food was tasted good. We eventually finished all the food above, including that big pot of curry fish head. Hao had a very good appetite that night and kept on asking fish from me. Lynn was not picky on the food too and she ate quite a lot. Despite long wait, we were satisfied with the food. Everyone went home with tummy full and a smile on their face. :)


Han Lim Seafood Restaurant
No. 12, Jalan Midah 12,
Taman Midah, Cheras,
56000 Kuala Lumpur.




Happy Father's Day!

5 comments:

elliecleffairy said...

Good company wif good food, yummy. Good and expensive food but bad company? YUCKY!

Unknown said...

Looks so good! Sometimes I get a real craving for fresh seafood, because I live in AZ, and not close to the water. I know they can ship things now, but it's not the same as fresh and near the water. Great post, and thanks for coming by Mommy LaDy Club!
Courtney
http://www.mommyladyclub.blogspot.com

Alice Law said...

Must be a really good restaurant, almost everything kena walloped already and most important your anak enjoyed the food, now I'm so tempted to bring my FIL over... not for father's day, for my tummy's sake, muahahahaha!

SO I reckon tmw will be an occasion to celebrate with ur husband and children too, enjoy to the fullest and hv fun!^^

Yee Ling said...

i love the steamed tiger prawns!

Unknown said...

Cleffairy - More important, no sizzling! LOL!


Courtney - I'm not staying very close to the water too. But some places here do offer something fresh and good. We just have to pay more.


Alice Law - The food is quite good. But have to wait so long. >.< Imagine, after waiting for one and a half hour, don't you think your tummy can wallop more? LOL!


Yee Ling - I like that too. :D

Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin