Books that I read

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pan-Asian Buffet Dinner at Atrium Cafe, Pyramid Tower Hotel


 It was my dad's birthday last week. I make this Peanut Butter Torte for him. Wanted to add some strawberry as toppings but my mom said no need. The peanut crush is good enough. :)


The rich and creamy filling is made from peanut butter, cream cheese, beaten heavy cream (to lighten the texture to become like mousse), with chopped peanut and chocolate chips. The crust is made from Oreo biscuit crumbs. With simple Chocolate Ganache as toppings sprinkle with chopped peanut. Just the ingredients itself costs more than RM50. But more important, everyone enjoy eating it very much. It's simply delicious. :)


Besides getting a birthday cake for the birthday boy/girl, our usual way of celebrating the birthday is to go out and have a family meal together. Both me and my brother were running out of idea where to eat. So happen I saw this promotion from Facebook, and after checking with my brother we decided to go there to celebrate my dad's birthday. Besides the promotional price for the adults, the children get to eat for free for each paying adults. It's a very good deal for altogether 10 of us (6 adults and 4 children).


The two little one.... I like to see Lynn's hair in ponytail bunches. :) 


I like to environment of the restaurant. Very spacious. Not sure is it due to the promotion, most of the tables were reserved and later the restaurant was quite full when the crowd started to fill up the tables. So if you intend to go there before the promotion end, better make prior reservation before you go there.



Various selections for the salads and appetizers.They are very delicious!

 Breads and soup...

"Lok lok" steam boat!

Serving Malay, Chinese, Indian and Western style food



Various food stalls were setup on the other side of the hall. Penang style fried keow teow; Japanese sushi and shashimi, Chinese roast chicken/ roast duck rice; Satay; Thai salads etc. 


 
 Deserts and local kuih muih. 



Fruits, ice kacang and ice cream. 

The food is actually not that bad. Fresh prawn and fish. We quite enjoy the food. The services given by the waiters were excellent! They came to collect the empty plate promptly; refill our water without being asked; and even after we have finished reading, they will come ask if we would like to have our coffee and tea refilled. I think it worth to try out the food during the promotional period. But if it's the normal price RM90 per person for a buffet dinner, I think we have lots of other choices available. I probably will go for fine dining. :)

Overall, it's an enjoyable dining experience for us at Atrium Cafe, Pyramid Tower Hotel. If I was asked to give a rating, I would rate it 7 out of 10.


NOTE: This is not a paid post. This is solely my personal experience dining in this restaurant and it may not represent the truth.

4 comments:

Broccoli Ginger said...

Wah! Lynn is so tall already! :) Just can't imagine how time flies. :) It's almost 3 years since I first knew u.

Small Kucing said...

not bad wor RM45. worth the money

Oliveoylz said...

RM45 is a good deal for such a huge spread of buffet. Very sumptious indeed! Happy birthday to your dad! Am sure he was impressed and very touched with your home baked cake. It looks superb, CheeYee! Your boy and gal have grown so much. They look adorable together!

Unknown said...

Broccoli Ginger mommy - Hahaha, ur daughter also very big now la. :)


Small Kucing - Yeah, worth the money. :)


Olive - Hehe thanks for the compliment. Ya my dad likes the cakes very much even though it's not very healthy for him. :)


icedgurl - Thanks for dropping by!

Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin