Books that I read

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poor Hao has got the Roseola

040    

Hao: Aww... when the red rashes on my handsome face will go away?

Hao got fever last Saturday evening. We were in Port Dickson for a short CNY trip at that time. Since I did not bring any fever medicine with me, we came back to KL right after the dinner. I would not want to take any risk in case the fever shoot up in the middle of the night. And I think I made the right choice of cut short of trip.

Good thing I always have a bottle of fever medicine on standby at home. The fever come and goes until Monday. Then it came back again in the evening and finally no more fever on Tuesday.  So I thought he will be alright.

On Wednesday morning, when I was breastfeeding him, I noticed many red spots all over his face. Cannot be such many mosquito bites. Immediately I suspect he got the Roseola. Lynn was contacted with Roseola when she was about 9-10 months old too. It's the same symptoms - several days of high fever, followed by a distinctive rash just as the fever breaks.

We took him to the doctor and confirmed it's Roseola. Doctor gave some lotions to apply to his body and another medicine for the allergy and itchiness. The rash will last for few days. Due to this, I have to cancelled the CNY visiting to one of my primary schoolmate house this Saturday. More important is Hao get well soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

with the outbreak of dengue and dont know what chigu, you did right the thing for taking the little one to see doctor at once,,,

they are just so precious to us

sting said...

oh dear.. hope it's not too uncomfortable for him.. Get well soon ya Hao :-)

Oliveoylz said...

Hope Hao's better now. Lucky thing u made the right decision to cut short ur trip.

Chinneeq said...

good to let all the heat out :p

Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin