Books that I read

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A New Day

Come across this the other day and thought of want to share it with everyone.

This is the beginning of a new day. I have been given this day to use
as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is
important because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow
comes, this day will be gone forever leaving in it's place whatever I
have traded it for. I pledge to myself that it shall be ...... Gain, not
loss. Good, not evil. Success, not failure, in order that I shall not
regret the price I paid for this day!


When I was younger and believed that money made the world go 'round I
hung a quotation very much like this one only it was entitled, "If I
Had A Bank." This reminded me daily of how many seconds there are in a
day and coached me to imagine each one as worth at least one dollar. As
such, each morning I awoke with 86,400 seconds (dollars) in credit and
if I did not invest them wisely at the end of the day the credit was
cancelled.


Investment--I have learned that money is not that important and the best
investment is in what you do to help others. The irony is the more you
help others the more good comes to you. It is indeed a perfect example
of the biblical statement, "What you sow is what you reap."


This short article really has inspired me a lot, especially this year is a very challenging and tough year for me. I have been changing, and adapting to new situation, new environment continuously. And I'm grateful to those people to give concerns and helping hand when I need it.

No comments:

Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin