Books that I read

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Visiting Lynn's old nanny

It was more than 2 months since we last met with Lynn's old nanny. We stopped sending Lynn to her because she couldn't take care both Lynn and Hao at the same time. When I get to know that I was pregnant, I had already requested her to take care both kids. She agreed at the beginning. However later she told me that her daughter-in-law got pregnant too and her son would like her to take care the child. Since both babies will be only 3 months apart, she said it will be difficult for to take care both babies at the same time, without another pair of helping hand. The son initially said will get a maid for her, but changed their mind later on. So the babysitter had no choice to tell me that she could not take care Hao. Well, since I had to find another babysitter for Hao, so we decided to send Lynn to playschool at the same time.

This babysitter had been taking care of Lynn since she was 2 months old. We had been developing a very good relationship with their family. The whole family are very good to Lynn and us. She even helped me to take care Hao, before I managed to get a new babysitter and before her daughter-in-law gave birth. Lynn was very much attached to the nanny (she called them Ah Kong and Ah Mah as they are Hokkiens). When we stopped sending Lynn to them, I wanted to buy a gift to the babysitter. However I was too busy with work at that time, so did not manage to go do some shopping. Last month, my sister-in-law opened her own boutique shop in Kuchai Lama. While visiting her new shop, I found a very nice crystal bracelet that was made byher sister there. Without much hesitation, I bought the bracelet for the nanny. Since it was a bit short, I had requested to make the bracelet longer and finally i got it about 2 weeks ago. (Oops, forgot to take a picture of the bracelet before giving it away to the nanny. See how forgetful I am. Sigh. )

We had a good time chatting with the Ah Kong and Ah Mah. While Lynn had a good time playing with their grand daughter (they used to play together in the past). Ah Kong even gave Lynn a very big donut to eat. So when I was leaving 2 hours later, Lynn refused to follow me home. Sigh... got Ah Mah, don't want mommy already. So hubby went to pick her up later when coming back from work.

No comments:

Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin