Books that I read

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fractured femur - Update

Last Fri (10 Oct 2008), I brought Hao back to HUKM for the follow up appointment on his fractured femur. As well, long wait was expected in the government hospital. So I had applied for a half day off earlier of the week. However the charges is cheap - RM 15 for the x-ray and RM 5 for the doctor consultation fee. One thing I like about HUKM is they will make sure the patient is safe to go before stopping any follow up appointment. And if they suspect anything, they will make sure respective tests have been carried out. So I'm still sending the kids to HUKM despite the long queue (in fact, have get used to it already. :D).

It was my first visit to the Orthopetic clinic. Hao had been transferred to the Ortho doctor from the Paed. He had to take x-ray before seeing the doctor. It was quite a long queue. We had waited for about an hour before the x-ray was taken. Hao was quite coorperative taking the x-ray. He even smile to the radiologist.

The x-ray shown that his fractured femur bone now is connecting. However you still could see the trace of the broken part. I'm glad his leg is healing. Baby really has super healing power. In fact, about 2 weeks ago, I had noticed Hao started to move and kick using his right leg. So he was already showing the healing sign by then. Well, the next follow up appointment by the Ortho doctor is 3 months later in January 2009. Hao will be 6 months old by then.

No comments:

Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin